» THE STATISTICS
Name: Ryan Jacob Paevey Vlieger
Birthdate: September 24, 1984
Birthplace: Torrence, California
Height: 6’1″ (1.86 m)
Ryan was born in Torrence, California to mother Linda and father Les, and grew up in Los Angeles. His father was in the construction business and Ryan often tagged along. Here he learned to be quite handy. He started modeling in high school, and has starred in several music videos, including Christina Aguilera’s “Your Body” and Robin Thicke’s “Sex Therapy. His first major acting role was as Nathan West on General Hospital in 2013.
In August 2016, he launched his brand Fortunate Wanderer. On the website he sells his photography and jewelry he makes himself.
• He’d pick Dominic Zamprogna (Dante, GH) as his superhero side-kick.
• His favorite pasttime is hiking.
• His celebrity crushes are Liz Taylor (circa 1965), Kate Beckinsale and Evangeline Lily.
• Somebody once mailed him an adult toy to sign.
• He often goes to Renaissance Fairs, in costume.
• He has a younger sister, Kaitlyn, that he’s close with.
• He’s pretty much fluent in French.
• He auditioned for the role of Christian Grey in 50 Shades of Grey.
• He has one motorcycle he nicknamed Lillith and one named Sage.
“I like being kept in the dark. I like surprises to come up organically. I like a little bit of chaos, to push away from the shore and see where the current takes me.”
“Perpetually. I try to avoid mirrors. I try to avoid cameras most of the time, which is funny considering what I do for a living. I have self-diagnosed body dysmorphia.” – On being insecure about his looks
“I love those guys. I’m the unofficial babysitter for Harper.” – On his friendship with Brandon Barash and Kirsten Storms.
Quotes about Ryan
“Thank you, thank you! If it were possible, I’m sure we’d make really great kids!” – Brandon Barash on him and Ryan often being mistaken for a couple when out with Brandon and Kirsten Storms’ daughter Harper.
“He is a trustworthy guy and he would be there for anyone on the show. I truly believe that. He is just that kind of guy.” – John J. York
“Dude is generous of heart, he’s available, he’s honest, he’s forthright and he knows a lot of stuff. He’s very mechanically inclined.” – Marc Samuel